Users with elevated 'Administrator' and 'Content Manager' platform permissions who would like to launch the Management Utility installed application from their Pinnacle Portal web tenant home screen.
- Administrator or Content Manager User notices a 'Management Utility' option at the Management & Configuration gear/cog icon in the Pinnacle Portal Home screen
- Clicking the Management Utility option does not launch the installed application
- A user may not be aware a Pinnacle Series Management Utility shortcut is placed on the desktop after downloading and installing the software
- This is historically where the Management Utility was launched from
The 'Pinnacle User Tools' need to be be downloaded, installed and activated on a user device to enable the Pinnacle Command Launcher to launch the Management Utility installed application from the Pinnacle Portal browser environment.
- Ensure the "Allow Users to Download Add-Ons" General Setting is toggled 'On' in your Administration Portal
- Navigate to the Pinnacle Portal Home screen --> Locate the "Download Add-Ons" box --> Click the 'Pinnacle User Tools' link --> Complete the .msi file Download and Installation of the software on your device
- Once Pinnacle user Tools are installed, please navigate to your User Profile in the Pinnacle Portal home screen and click the 'Activate on this Device' button
- The same Pinnacle Command Launcher (Pinnacle User Tool) used to launch the Management Utility as discussed in this article also launches a pop-up invoked by commands executed in Autodesk products
- Navigate back to the Pinnacle Portal home screen --> Select the Management & Configuration option (gear icon) --> Select Management Utility
- Next, Click the 'Open Pinnacle Series Command Launcher' button --> Sign In --> the Management Utility is now launched on your desktop