- Your organization uses Azure AD for user provisioning.
- You would like to learn:
- how you can create a custom attribute in Azure AD
- how to map custom attributes to your user attributes inside Pinnacle Series
- how to take advantage of group-based rule sets to automatically match attributes within Pinnacle Series.
- For each application, you might have different requirements for the information you want to collect during sign-up. Azure AD comes with a built-in set of information stored in attributes, such as Given Name, Surname, City, and Postal Code.
- For an update (June 2022) regarding available attributes please see this article:
User management enhancements in Azure Active Directory
- Follow the guidance below to create a custom attribute.
Step 1: Create a custom attribute in Azure AD
Sign in to the Azure portal as an Azure AD administrator.
Under Azure services, select Azure Active Directory.
In the left menu, select External Identities.
Select Custom user attributes. The available user attributes are listed.
To add an attribute, select Add.
In the Add an attribute pane, enter the following values:
- Name - Provide a name for the custom attribute (for example, "Shoesize").
- Data Type - Choose a data type (String, Boolean, or Int).
- Description - Optionally, enter a description of the custom attribute for internal use. This description is not visible to the user.
- The custom attribute is now available in the list of user attributes and for use in your user flows. A custom attribute is only created the first time it is used in any user flow, and not when you add it to the list of user attributes.
Step 2: Pinnacle Series Admin Browser
- Select the group (1) top left
- Select rule matching parameters, and choose either:
- Match all of the following rules
- Match at least one of the following rules