Pinnacle Series Administrators.
- You would like your users to have the ability to continue their search for learning content outside of the Pinnacle Series e.g. your organization intranet, company SharePoint, wiki a specific internet browser (Google).
- The process of setting up 'Use Extended Search' allows the passing of search criteria from your Pinnacle Series portal to another source, such as:
- Your organization's SharePoint
- A preferred internet browser e.g. Google
Admin Browser Workflow
- To get started in the configuration of extended search, please navigate to the Integrations tab on the left of the screen.
- Put a checkbox in the Extended Search option and select Configure (as shown below).
- First, we'll select a title such as Continue Search on SharePoint or on any other company intranet you may use. For my example, I will use Google.
- Then select a description. This will tell the users what clicking that link will do, such as, 'Click the link above to search within SharePoint or the intranet of your choosing.'
- For the search URL, you can go to your chosen intranet and search.
- You will want to copy out the full syntax to the equal sign before your search term.
- You can often find this by examining the URL edit field in your browser after performing a search. Search terms will be appended to the end of the URL syntax e.g. I searched for Eagle Point Software inside Google below. You want to copy only the highlighted area until after the first equal sign.
- I will therefore be using - https://www.google.com/search?q= - to configure my extended search.
- If a user selects to continue their search on Google, it will open a new tab.
Management Utility Workflow
- Open the Pinnacle Series Management Utility and click 'Manage Content.
2. In 'Manage Content', click 'Tools'. Then click 'Configure Extended Search'.
3. Check the box next to 'Use Extended Search'.
4. Choose a title and description e.g. double-click to use the same search term(s) in company
intranet or to continue your search inside our wiki page double-click.
(This step will determine how the Extended Search will show in your Pinnacle Series Portal
5. Enter the specific URL, with included syntax, for your source into the 'Search URL' field.
(Be sure to include the entire URL up to, and including, the '=' for the 'Search URL' field.
Still Need Help?