Pinnacle Series Technical Administrators.
- You have opted for Active Directory (AD) synchronization for user provisioning inside Pinnacle Series and would like to get guidance on how frequent tasks should be scheduled to automate.
- The frequency would depend on your organization and the number of users you anticipate to be added/removed upon each Active Directory Sync.
- We advise you to schedule your first Active Directory synchronization of Pinnacle Series outside of normal business hours, or when Pinnacle Series usage is at a minimum.
- Subsequent synchronization can be scheduled more frequently since it is expected that fewer users will be added/removed during subsequent synchronization so the impact on Pinnacle Series performance will be very minimal.
- The system used to execute the Active Directory synchronization will consume resources during this time as may the Active Directory system, but general user performance on Pinnacle Series will not be noticeable.
- Consider the number of users as well as the frequency of change to user data or attributes when deciding on the frequency for tasks to be scheduled to automate AD synchronization with Pinnacle Series.
- Most clients will schedule their Automatic Active Directory synchronization weekly or even daily.
- You can schedule your tasks along with this frequency, or if your company has many offices and hiring is frequent, you can opt to shorten the frequency to every couple of hours.
- Avoid scheduling the tasks such that the tasks overlap e.g. if your AD sync process takes 1.5hrs to complete don't schedule tasks any less than this.
Still Need Help?