All Pinnacle Series Administrators, or those with the "Assignment Administrator" permission.
- When assigning learning to users in the Management Utility, you have the option to "Email Course Enrollment Notification(s)". The error below occurs when hitting the Finish button, which prompts Pinnacle Series to generate an Outlook email template:
- This error is generally caused by a competing email application on your machine. If Outlook is not set as your default email app, or, you have another email service installed on your machine, this error may arise.
- The main goal is to make sure Outlook is the only email service you're using on your machine, as any competing email applications may cause issues.
- The first thing you'll want to do is set Outlook as your default email application.
To do this:
- In Windows, select Start and type Default apps.
- Select Default apps from the suggestions.
- Under Email, if Outlook is not listed, select the app that is listed to be presented with a list of email apps installed on your computer, then select Outlook.
- If Outlook is set as your default app but you're still receiving the error, try closing out of Outlook and any other email service that may be running on your machine, then attempt the assignment again. (Be sure to check the system tray at the bottom right).
- If the error persists, this could indicate that an old/unused email service is still installed on your machine (even though it's not technically running) and causing system confusion.
To check this, you can try the following:
- Get with your IT Department to do an in-depth search for other email programs on your machine, and remove any that aren't needed.
- If another email service is found, your IT can also try and remove the associated registry entries to break any remaining connection to the service.
- If you've gone through these steps and are still receiving the error, please submit a Support ticket and we will investigate further.